Friday, November 05, 2010

Not Bad for a Five

As happy as my birthdays so often are, the day that follows is almost invariably equally bland. Obviously, the world not stopping to celebrate me is disappointing. And of course, the day after the 4th is the 5th and what good can come on the 5th?

But today was fine.  Not too much bleak, not too much turmoil.  That Nate is ailing and napped on my person for almost two hours helped make it slow and easy. Ish.  That Talia was with Grandma for Grandma Friday made it quieter and less demanding.

Sadly though, it was a day that required a bit more... zip? There were tasks to be done, items to be crossed off the list.  So it wasn't the day I wanted, but I'm willing to believe that it might have been the day I needed. Or at least that my son needed and I suppose that part of this mothering gig is conceding to their GFAs* more often than not. And maybe there's some zen in agreeing that what my children need is in fact what my own soul needs.

Huh.

I'm not convinced.

Dinner was sushi out, cause that's what I needed damn it.

*GFA: if you don't remember the facebook status update, stands for Gaw-damned F*c&ing Agenda.

No comments: