Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Let it Begin

This evening I made a wreath for the front door.  I made it in Sarah's dining room with seven other women, all moms on my block, all glad for a night out, all glad to be creating something, all just glad it seemed like.

I think I will love this wreath a lot. Because it is going to remind me of what I am preparing for this Advent - the Joy of Together.  That God was so desperate for Together that sending the Son was suddenly feasible, even desirable.  What a ludicrous Truth we believe (those of us who believe it, I guess).

This helps shape my plans for celebrating Christmas: we will look for Togetherness Times and be mindful that they are hints of what God's Great Love is about.  I think there's even a Bible verse about this, right? That where two or three or gathered, that's what Jesus is like? I may have self-translated a bit, but I like the idea of it.

But for now, the holidays kick-off with mulled wine and greenery plucked from the backyard and meandering conversations about just about anything and at the end of it all, a wreath on the front door that says, there is Joy in Together! Amen!

2 comments:

Nadia said...

Let's see a picture! Maybe it will motivate me.

brooke said...

please write lots during the next 30 days, im going to need your guidance :)