Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I Need a Writing Group

I like the discipline of blogging daily. It has been a good challenge (thank you NvK) and has at least carved out 3 - 6 (or 10) minutes of reflection every day.  I'm not sure what good it does the world, but exercising my brain in this particular direction does me some good, and given my Passion for Me, this is really all that matters, right?

However, all is not sunshine and light. Because through the course of a day, I think of 17 things I want to write about. Some of them are bloggable, some of them are low-grade pettiness, and from time to time, some of them are worthy of more serious time and investment. The latter are fun to imagine writing about, but aren't necessarily ready for public review a la blog. But the more I blog and enjoy the fruit of pushing meandering thought through to type on the interwebs, the more I dream of space and time to explore these larger wonderings.  But then if these things are not blogged, how and where do I get the feedback that is actually the motivation for continuing on with the discipline (remember the Passion for Me? it is fed by hearing about how great [or at least interesting] Me is)?

So I think I need a writing group. Ideas?

3 comments:

Nadia said...

Um? Hello? What about our awesome book idea?

Seriously though, I'm already sort of dreading the end of my blog-a-thon....so I'm in for some sort of group.

ACJ said...

This is what I'm talking about (well, first, you have to extend the blog-a-thon). We both have something to work on, so we have a starting point. Can we make it work with two, or do we recruit? I "know" some people in a group down in the states through their blogs - maybe I should ask them what they think is a workable number for maximizing accountability and creativity. But I think we should both be on this for the new year. Shall we?

Nadia said...

I think a couple more would be good, simply for some diversity...since I think we think we are pretty awesome.