Sunday, November 07, 2010

Hello, My Name is A, and I'm Nosy

The man in 17C is a sex addict. Pain pills and assorted other chemical dependencies too, if his spreadsheet is to be believed.  From 19D, I could only read the column “Effect of My Behaviour on Others”, but it was plenty informative.

This passenger had earlier grabbed all of attention when the flight had boarded and he was the last man standing, speaking loudly on his phone (which was perhaps on speaker – I was glad to know his contact was looking forward to seeing him too) and then shouting down the aisle to his partner Gretch as the plane taxied to the runway.

I’m not sure what of this particular misbehaviour left me unsurprised to discover his... issues, but surprised I was not.  In fairness, I suppose he could have been reviewing a document sent to him from a friend or family member for his review.  But something about his demeanour left a person like me pretty confident that indeed he was so troubled, and indeed he hoped someone nearby would take note.


I was tempted to catch up in Terminal 1 and remind him about boundaries, but the irony of doing such a thing amused even me and I held myself back.


The public domain is an amusing place.  Glad to be here.


Dinner tonight was pasta with a deliciously cayenne mushroom and pepperoni pasta sauce accompanied by a fine winter ale.  A visit with Shannon always means good eats.

No comments: