Monday, February 28, 2011

Clear

Initial reports: lymph nodes clear, liver clear.

Coffee and lunch and general distraction by KPH.  Childcare and visiting by Auntie Cana.  Dinner made by sweet Mar K - I forgot how lovely those "too bad you're sick" dinners are. I should make them for people. Phone calls from several, emails from many, kindness from all. 

I remain convinced that Goodness is all around.  The outcome is glad-making to be sure and perhaps a different report would change everything. But I don't think so.  I think Goodness is not in the circumstance ever, but in the presence, always.  The presence is the promise and it shows up in Our People.  Our People are the presence and either we lean into them and practice the comfort of heaven here on earth, or we wait for the circumstance to become Good and miss it all.

I think this might be one of my truest Trues.  Nothing this week changes my mind, and I can't help but think that if anything was going to erode the foundation, it would have been this week.

No comments: