Sunday, February 27, 2011

Accidental Mass Annihilation

As most of you must know by now, I am a big fan of lowering the bar. A discipline of low expectations is the surest path to happiness I know.  And Lord knows, I love a good discipline.

Now 2011 has not started off ...well.  One might be tempted to say that in fact, it has started off poorly. Normally, I would say that the good news is that it can only improve, but given the facts we're dealing with, improvement in the short-term (<365 days) seems unlikely.  How then to succeed?

Lower the bar!

Imagine the thrill then, when I discovered my Oxen horoscope for The Year of the Rabbit here. This is great reading, and if you haven't read it already, I strongly recommend it.  However, in case you're short on time, my favourite line: "Speculating into the whole year calculation, the fortunes for the ox this year have several obstructions, it is difficult to feel smooth, you may prone to insomnia or accidental mass annihilation."  


Yep! All I have to do is avoid 'accidental mass annihilation'.  And if I fail, surely it is required that I too be annihilated in this accidental event?

This is probably telling you something, that this is my Good News for the day, but damn it, it is and I'm going to enjoy it.

No comments: