Thursday, February 17, 2011

Not My Story

I am feeling stymied these days.  There is much to write and process.  My mind comes up with seventeen blog titles a day. Probably I could come up with at least one post out all of those, right?

The difficulty is that my brain is stuck on one channel, and none of the content is my material. Now, I'm not afraid of a little plagiarism or copyright infringement to be sure.  However, telling this story crosses a line, even for me. While there is lots I would like to be writing down and keeping track of here, the nuts and bolts, the day-to-day, the Everything Else... it all belongs to Someone Else.

This makes it difficult to be me. Or at least to be me a Me Who Blogs.

For now.


I expect to find a way around this soon.  Until then, maybe I'll have to go back to writing in private. Because I miss this place. 

3 comments:

katiecoffee said...

maybe you could blog a days worth of titles? :)

Nadia said...

I second that idea.

the Sanguinettis said...

While the main story is someone else's, it is also part of Your Story. Is there a way of writing about Your Story while obscuring the specific identities (people, conditions) that belong to someone else? It's good to read snippits of your faith journey, and how current events are challenging / stretching / teaching / changing your relationship with God.