Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Now What?

I've always thought I'd be well-suited to be having a marching band accompanying me through life. When I'm out with just one kid, I want a t-shirt that says I HAVE TWO!  I remember walking through the mall the day after the last day of high school, thinking everyone should know I'M DONE! It seems like a marching band would be effective at keeping people in the know, that Life Is Happening! To Me! Right Now!

Today the song would be something catchy about Holy Hell, It Is! One of our people has moved from afraid they will have to be afraid to straight up afraid.  And so we move into it with them. 

I am struck by how slow and fast life goes.  The process to get us here is has been snail's pace.  Long delays, misdiagnoses, inconclusive tests.  But then one test concludes and in 24 hours there is An Appointment.  Treatment. Fear. Suddenly, it's too fast.  We're not ready. We need about 10 to 15 years actually.

So now we... do what? I guess we just do what's next.  But I'm on the hunt for a marching band.  Because Life Is Happening! To Us! Right Now!

Fuck.

No comments: