Tuesday, April 02, 2013

After Easter

Life Wins. 

That's the Easter story for me. Forty-five days of writing and readng and remembering who Jesus is and who I am and why who I am needs who Jesus is... that was good for my soul. I'm not sure that it was as much of an emotional diet as I needed - I certainly indulged every feeling I tripped across I think - but it was a journey worth journeying, bringing me all the way through dark to Light, through sin to Forgiveness, through death to Life.

I like the post-Easter story, as Jesus keeps sneaking up on his friends and sharing meals with them and reminding them that they've got him With Them forever now, thanks to the Spirit. I like how he lets them know they weren't crazy or wrong, and lets them poke holes in his story, only to find Life right there in those holes too. I like how he doesn't tell Peter, "I told you you would betray me."  How he doesn't sit around gossiping about how he always knew Judas was a bad apple.

Jesus is With Them, making himself known in the breaking of bread together.

I spent Easter Sunday in line at the liquor store 10am, then on my boat with The Atheists Whom I Love. There was glorious sunshine and happy children and happy parents and deep, deep gratitude in this heart. As I shared our not-organic, not-grass fed burgers and on-my-word-I-don't-even-want-to-know hotdogs with this family, and handed out bottles of beer and shared our favourite thing, our family's best spot, I like to think I was loving a la Jesus.  Maybe it's a stretch, but my heart was rejoicing, and there was Goodness in our midst.

Life Wins.

I'm so glad.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ack! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this beautiful post. It's so pure and perfect.

Love!