Sunday, November 04, 2012

Turnin' Round the Sun

I'm never sure if I'm meant to celebrate what I've survived the previous twelve months or what I hope the next twelve will bring.  Either way, I sure do love my birthday. I love all the good gifts the day brings - extra love from the ones I love, special treats and mostly just warm gratitude for all of it. Really.  I am most often thankful on my birthday and that is my favourite thing - a day when it's easy to see the good is pretty great.

Over the course of the last year we have done lots of hard things. Really awful hard, and oh my word why do we have to do this hard.  But we also got to do lots of great - lots of great play and lots of great togetherness and lots of great stooping.

We are surrounded by goodness.  Our kids, our friends, our neighbours, our work, our home, our boat, our faith.  Our hope.

It's all really good.

On this next turn round the sun, here's hoping I can see it all this clearly more often.

1 comment:

the Sanguinettis said...

Happy Birthday, Alison. I am updating my blog, and got to check in on what you are writing again.