Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Caesar's

"Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's."
 Matthew 22:21

I'm not sure exactly how, but I'm pretty sure this is the verse I'm meant to meditate on tonight as I watch the US elections results roll in on TV and Facebook and Twitter.  I am getting second by second updates that threaten to overwhelm me.

But truly, there is no wrong outcome here. Deep in my heart I know this. All of this is Caesar's.  And my heart worries about God's stuff, not Caesar's. My job is to live loving God and loving my neighbours while Caesar does what Caesar will. I will give Caesar what is (his): my vote, my taxes, my respectfulness.  But that's kind of all.

So vote on my American friends. I will be here thankful that no one expects Canadians to go out and gather for election results - we're usually too busy watching American TV.


No comments: