Friday, November 16, 2012

Life Comes

Life comes.  I said that today to a friend and then remembered that it's true. It's true in my life, over and over, that life comes.  Chasing after things, deciding to worry things into being, forcing doors open... this is not how life works for me.  I know because I've tried all those things, over and over.  And they change nothing about what ends up happening.  What comes comes no matter how I spend the time between.  Or just, no matter how I spend time.

So free me. I'm so free.  Free to let life come. And life with what arrives.

This is today's good news.

*Edit: I published this entry, flipped over to twitter and found this:
To know what would have happened, child? No. Nobody is ever told that. But anyone can find out what will happen.   God makes me laugh.

No comments: