Sunday, January 30, 2011

Strands

There are little wisps of thought floating through my mind tonight and they're kind of hard to pin down. So in no particular order...

... Talia didn't believe me that she could swim. But then she could and she did it over and over for an hour and every single time her head came up, she said "I did it!" And her whole face kept that brand-new wonder look on it and stayed fresh and first-timed for the whole hour and I wondered if ever in my life again would I get to feel that accomplished and glad.

... Being able to go on holiday with a whole other family is its own crazy kind of miracle.  Now in fairness, they may have just left plotting how to move to Nantucket before we get back.  But we just spent almost two weeks with four other people who shared and played and laughed and whined and whinged and ate and just plain shared life and while it was full, it was never hard.  It was just nice and easy and pleasant and ...possible. Surely that counts as a miracle, right?

... Somewhere along the way, my crazy about being rich and holiday just kind of disappeared. Somewhere in time it just became better to receive.  To receive our hosts' generosity, to receive the gift of time with my people, to receive the loveliness of sunshine and play, to receive the Oh My! of Enough from the Creator.  Again, this feels like another miracle.

... Too many people I know are having to be afraid this week.  Afraid for their own lives. Knowing Jesus helps me be afraid with them, and I think it may help one of them walk a bit more easily with their own fear.  But it doesn't erase it.  And yet, the Word was Do Not Be Afraid For I am With You.  So maybe some Not So Afraid will be its own miracle for the week ahead.

1 comment:

TWDC said...

Point one: Awesome!!!
Point two: In full agreement and sad it is over.
Point three: crazy is so relative.
Point four: here is hoping for less and more...