Monday, September 12, 2011

Next

I want this post to be wry and funny, but it won't be.  Not that it will be bleak - I don't think it will be - but I think I don't have more than the basics in me tonight.

And the basics are, my girl is all grown. Okay, well not grown.  But growin'. She preschooled today and in so doing, waved a fond farewell to her Early Years with just us J's and entered into her School Years where there will be teachers and friends and little girls who cry because "she doesn't speak English the same way we do."  I'm not even sure what that means.

I am not one who pines for babies and wants Just One More.  We have Just Enough and have known so since the surprising conception of our second. I am not a natural, easy parent to non-speakers who require near-non-stop care and attention.  I am far too aware of my own self and my own needs to be able to live easily with those newly-heres who come with so many of their own relentless needs.  I think it unlikely that I will report to anyone that these were The Best Years Of Our Lives.

That said, it is not without sadness that I leave these years behind. 

And I think that's all I have to say about this.  But now it's said.  Onwards and upwards.

No comments: