Friday, August 06, 2010

I'm a Writer!

I found a new blog I love. Well, more like a new writer I love who has a blog. In fact, this has been a year of good-writing-finding, and has been part of my own re-wondering about writing. I so enjoyed the first post I read that I commented. And the writer commented back! And said, "You must be a writer too." And this of course sounds ridiculous, written as it is in the blog in which I write, but it was the very first time that I have every been called a writer and I've agreed. The last 48 hours, I've been pulling out the memory of the moment and checking in to see if I indeed still feel like a Writer. And I do!

The difficulty of course, is that I don't actually write. Or Write. Not with any consistency in regularity, content or quality. But oh, how I want to.

We are sneaking into Back To School season, my favourite time of the year, and I'm allowing myself to wonder if I'll be adding some writing to our new schedule for fall. Just wondering...

6 comments:

Nadia said...

I affirm her comment to you. Maybe we should collaborate. I'll come up with the random ideas, and you make it witty!

Nadia said...

Not that you don't come up with good ideas...cause you do!

Nadia said...

And when am I allowed to add you to my blogroll?

ACJ said...

Idea-finding is second only to time-finding in the list of road blocks to my writing success. Bring it.

And yes, you can. Maybe the pressure of being on a list will help!

Katie said...

You are a most excellent writer. Also, you are an excellent talker and general human being. Thank you for your helpful words about being judgmental, too.

I recently found a writing workshop I love, and I see on the website that the teacher, Becca, offers online workshops (the one I attend is in her living room):
http://www.ibexstudios.com/

In the meantime, I'd be happy to email you the prompts she gives us in class. You also might like the ones in Thinking About Memoir by Abigail Thomas.

xo
Katie P

P.S. Still waiting for that seven-page letter declaring your love for me.

ACJ said...

@Katie P. - I got an email saying you commented but the comment never showed up here! If you check back, my answer is yes please to the prompts, and "Oh what a terrible guest am I! Seven-page epistle is on the list... it's just a very long list!" :)