Sunday, October 01, 2006

Jesus Loves You More Than You Can Know

So said Mark D. serving communion this morning. And so I had a little weep thinking, "yes, He does." And then thinking it had been a few days since I had been thankful for this turn of events in our lives. Not just thankful for answered prayers of Friday (because I am) but thankful that we were pregnant. And I am. Thankful for that. So thankful.

Just wanted you to know. Because being thankful for this leads me straight to being thankful that Jesus does indeed love me more than I can know. That Jesus love YOU more than you can know. You.

Me.

Us.

I having been wrestling with the way to say that Jesus has provided this pregancy and that we're thankful without implying that the only good "answer" to the prayer for a family was this outcome. That when we said we wanted God's will in our lives that this particular circumstance was what we were hoping for but that we still believe that we will be okay no matter the ultimate outcome of this pregnancy. That Jesus loving us more than we know isn't known because we got knocked up but because... well because we're maybe trying to hold it loosely?

Ugh. I'm nowhere close to what I want to say about this, so maybe I'll try it again later. But today, this minute I'm thankful for this minute.

No comments: