Thursday, September 02, 2010

Nope

Well, it turns out the whole, Life Is Also So Great thing was a bit ... short-lived. I think it might be Pre-PreMenstrual Syndrome. Like all that optimism should be my warning that I have 48 hours to secure my children, stow the valuables and phone a cleaning lady.

Suffice to say, it has been a bit dark around here.

I like knowing though, that the darkness isn't all real. I know it's partly real - I really am bothered by the lack of order in my home, the lack of structure in my days, the lack of energy in my little body.  Real bothers. However the degree of apathy, lethargy and sullenness is about 18 degrees higher than required. I think probably some calcium and evening primrose oil would cure me. I'm just too annoyed and cheap to go find some.

The less real part, that part is comforting. Because knowing it isn't real makes it easier to believe that it isn't permanent either. I think it is one of the pleasures of my 30s actually, realizing that none of this is permanent. Or maybe one of the lessons of parenthood? I don't know - do either of my not-childrened but 30'd readers know of which I speak? To know that all that sucks is not for the ages, and that all that rocks is but tender grass... well, that is one perk of not having elastic skin.

No comments: