Saturday, March 22, 2008

Crawling Home



Six days home and I still feel like we just got back. I think that's a good sign, a lingering holiday feeling. Talia returned to 'normal', whatever today's definition of that is, within a day so that feels extra lucky. I think she's wondering what happened to all the people though. Every morning she wakes up and looks very hopefully out her bedroom door, pointing to where she thinks the action is and saying "Doh?" Not sure what it means, but I think it's something like "more fun out there?"

The timing of this holiday (March instead of January) is kind of nice - we left in winter and came back in spring. Scott limed the lawn this week and is heading out to prepare the beds for planting. Hosta heads are peeking through the soil, next to the deep red peony beginnings. Our mostly dead maple is being a tiny bit alive and I got to show T. the budding leaves - her first Spring moment! I'll post some photos of the garden next time I guess, to match this post. But for now, a few last pictures from Hawaii, for the record.








1 comment:

Kate said...

I know I should leave some poetic comment about Talia's first spring and the cycle of life. About how relaxed Scott looks, happy he is enjoying gardening. And wow, isn't your daughter such a lovely water baby. But really, the only thing that will stay with me from that post is HOLY CRAP YOU ARE TINY AGAIN!! You look happy and healthy my friend, and in fine form for having a 9 1/2 month old, (it is that North Shore water) and I hope you blow that beach picture up very big :)
x