Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Aloha Addiction

Yes, this lifestyle is easy to get used to. Wake, eat, swim, read, eat, read, eat, eat, sleep. Probably I should swim more. Talia does indeed love all the swimming and is doing a formidable job of going, going, going, despite perhaps inadequate rest.

Scott would be resting better if there weren't irrigation systems being set up everywhere he looks, reminding him of the work that awaits him when he gets home. A bit of a drag, but I'm trying to keep him clear of that as much as possible. And making sprinkler jokes when I can remember. You'd be surprised how few sprinkler jokes there are though. If you know any, please pass them along.

We are also slowly coming to terms with the truth that a holiday is not so much a holiday once a baby is invited to join in. There is no holiday from her, God bless her. This should not be bad news and probably long-term it isn't, but this morning after another too short sleep both Scott and I are wondering why we brought her. Or if maybe she could just stay at another hotel for a few nights so that we can actually rest. If I'm going to be tired and cranky with a tired and cranky husband, I guess this is probably a really nice place to be.

How wrong is it to complain about 10 day in Hawaii?

Okay, so now just more photos and maybe a video or two for fun too. I mean, there is fun here.





And yes, I am on this vacation... even though this pains me.

But we must end on a cute note, musn't we?

5 comments:

Kate said...

While I remember that sad feeling of, oh dear, vacations are no longer really vacations, I feel very little sympathy for you!

Well, that´s not true. I feel quite a bit because having a vacation where you are still working all the time at keeping a lovely little being alive, fed, safe, and entertained, does suck. In fact, it unfairly is just as exhausting, if not more, as it is at home. However, I now realize why every couple hours I keep whining to Jan, `I really wish we were on holiday someplace warm and with a pool...` It is my jealousy at your happy time in Hawaii.

Thank you for all your posts (I know they are for Grandma who is probably going crazy). Try and throw a siesta in the read, eat, pool rhythm. And if you want to complain about it being a tough holiday, I understand, but lets not do it in front of Scott and Jan cause they´ll just laugh at us :)

Linda said...

AH, WELCOME TO MOTHERHOOD!!
I don't know about Denise but there is a certain amount of satisfaction in hearing about the two of you having little time to yourselves....I remember it well
(tee hee hee)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for checking my blog. I actually saw your blog via Kate's earlier and thought the pics of Talia were so adorable! I'll have to keep up on the journeys of mothering a girl. I'm still in space cadet mode at this point :)

P.S.-Does sleep every really happen again? Seems not even while on vacation!

Elizabeth said...

Glad I am getting some more advice from an experienced mother of a girl (She's adorable too!). Since I'm still in space cadet mode it's nice to witness the evolution of mothering from the beginning :)

P.S.-I am concerned...is there ever any sleep again? Not even on vacation? Ahh!

Elizabeth said...

Oops...didn't think my comment was going through! Sorry!