Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Advent 5

Total cliffhanger this morning - T wanted to keep reading but I knew the rest of the story was tomorrow's reading so I made her live with the mystery.

Before I leave you hanging, I wanted to pass along that I am managing to weather Faith Crisis 2012 fairly well.  Mostly because at some point since my 19th birthday, I kind of decided I was at home aboard this ship of fools, and if we're all idiots, at least we're all idiots trying to figure out how to love a bit better and live like light people.  Isn't there something about the light being in the dark and the darkness doesn't understand it from a few days ago? My darkness doesn't understand the light sometimes, and it's totally possible it's a train and not Jesus afterall, but until I'm roadrunnered across the front of that train, I'm going to stick with the Jesus possibility and hope life is richer for it.  You know?

Also, Sarah is on the ship, and who doesn't want to be on a cruise with her?

So, back to the big adventure from the book of crazy we call The Word:

Luke 1: 5 - 10

In the time of Herod king of Judea there was a priest named Zechariah, who belonged to the priestly division of Abijah; his wife Elizabeth was also a descendant of Aaron. Both of them were upright in the sight of God, observing all the Lord’s commandments and regulations blamelessly. But they had no children, because Elizabeth was barren; and they were both well along in years.
Once when Zechariah’s division was on duty and he was serving as priest before God, he was chosen by lot, according to the custom of the priesthood, to go into the temple of the Lord and burn incense. 10 And when the time for the burning of incense came, all the assembled worshipers were praying outside.

See what I mean? Some homeschooler mom posted this list of verses I'm working from. I'm guessing she had an 8 year old boy desperate for some intrigue...

1 comment:

Sarah Callender said...

I love imagining you splatted on the front of a train.

I'd also love to be on a cruise with you. I've always kind of poo poo'd warm-weather cruises, thinking that given the choice, it would be less cheesy to do one to Alaska. BUT as we are trying to save money on our heating bill, and therefore as my house is 60 degrees right now (which somehow feels a lot different--colder--than a 60 degrees spring day) I would like to throw out the possibility of a warm weather cruise.

I was just at my Bible Study, and I was looking around the room at all the wonderfully smart, kind, fun, funny, authentic, Light-filled people, and I thought, Yes, we all may be nuts, but 1) I don't think so and 2) This group of nuts sure makes me feel good.

xo,
s