Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Advent 11

A quiet day on the Advent front. I have a girl down with fever and so there is lots of doing nothing in these parts the last day or two. I like it so much.  Our activity today was to sing "Silent Night" in the dark at bedtime. It might have been beautiful had that girl not decided to use her post-meds burst of energy to belt out said lullaby a-la-American-Idol-early-auditions.  Wow. That was something.

Actually, it was awesome. Awesome to be building a lot of sweet memories with these people of mine. They are sweet and peaceful memories (for me! to be clear, we have no idea what memories my children are amassing) this year, not frenzied and guilt-ridden. Lord knows how long it will last, but every day we get through on our way to Christmas that I find my heart at rest and thankful is a mercy and a grace and I am deeply thankful.

Just like Mary and Elizabeth. They were so thankful, weren't they?

Luke 1: 39 -45

39 At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, 40 where she entered Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth. 41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43 But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!”

No comments: