Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Counting a Few Blessings


After the last post I find myself wanting a record of at least a few sweet things:

1. Waking Up Faces. I wish I had footage of this to post because a still photo won't capture the hilarity of my daughter waking up. Big stretches and arms all over the place. Arms akimbo in fact. I believe the word akimbo was invented for this exact motion. Eyes squeak open only enough to decide if the scenery is worth a full waking and the wrinkles in the forehead... oh my goodness. Laugh out loud funny she is.

2. Cuddling into the Neck. Little baby breaths against my neck even when it's a million and twelve degrees outside. Feeling the little hand resting on my shoulder. Looking at those blond eyelashes. Smelling that baby smell that I never really smelled until her. Mmm.

3. Baths with Daddy. My daughter loves water and loves her dad and bathtimes are about her favouritist thing being a wicked awesome combination of the two. A poop disaster yesterday landed her in the shower with Dad and she was beside herself with enjoyment. Loves spray on her belly and on her head and in the bath, loves swimming her little arms around and pushing herself around with her wee legs. Little tadpole gazing up in total love with her dad who gazes back.

Those are my top three for tonight. Off to see some of those waking faces.

A.

1 comment:

Denise said...

And there's more where that came from! More poop of course -- that goes without saying... But more joys and surprises than you can ask or imagine. Just ask me -- I'm revelling in the 'more' of being a mother every single day.