Thursday, December 18, 2008

Nathaniel Alexander: Arrived

Our boy is snuggled up with Dad on this, Night II at home. He is finally named, Nathaniel Alexander and seems to be mostly a Nate so far. He is doing lots of good eating and lots of sleeping and being very 2 days old.

His arrival was lovely, at 1:52am on December 16th. His birth was different from his sister's in most ways, mellower just like I've been thinking he was all through this pregnancy. Although I had lots of contractions all afternoon, I didn't truly go into labour until about 10:30 that night and even at that had very inconsistent labour with long pauses between contractions that left me sure I'd be going home to try again another time. In fact, up until I started pushing, I wasn't convinced he was actually coming at all. Happily Scott and Irene were convinced and ably coached me through and he arrived safe and sound.

So, here are a swack of pictures of his first days so far, including some with sister Talia who is mostly still surprised to see him here.

More to follow as we get them. Oh, and sorry about the formatting - I'm too tired to fix this. I'll be arty-er next time!













No comments: